Sunday, May 2, 2010

Lillian Weekend

Last week, on this day I was getting on a plane to NEW YORK CITY. Today, I'm getting in a car to drive to Wisconsin...

I am so lucky that Elliott & Emily & Lillian live just four hours away. It was such a long winter -- I promised myself that once the roads were good enough, I'd see Lillian once a month. April was my first trip after the horrible winter...And I have to say, I was a little bewildered by the large number of these road signs....
Seriously -- how much time and money was spent putting up ALL THESE SIGNS? Wouldn't it have been a far better use of the road money to FIX THE ROADS instead of issuing all the WARNINGS??

I'm just sayin...

After a four hour bumpy ride -- we arrived at Ft. McCoy. Elliott and Emily have rented a much larger home -- but there were no outlets in the basement. Elliott is SO DELIGHTED TO HAVE A BASEMENT -- and -- of course his Dad IS AN ELECTRICIAN...

For our "girl outing", Emily didn't have to dig very deep to find a little zebra striped outfit...

Lillian's best friend is Sophie...this little maltese has so much patience...she is Lillian's constant shadow, always letting Emily know what the baby is up to...
Right before Lillian went to bed on Saturday night...ahhh...when a baby melts into you...there is no feeling like it in the world...

It was a quick trip -- but EVERY MINUTE was a treasure...and, as it turns out -- IT'S ALREADY TIME FOR MY MAY TRIP. Yippee. I CANNOT WAIT to show you the little outfits I bought for her at Bloomingdale's. Simply out of this world...

I AM LOVING HAVING A GIRL...!! As the mother of two boys -- I swear -- I had absolutely no idea about the joy of shopping...

No comments:

Post a Comment