Thursday, May 6, 2010

April's NYC Apartment Tour

Here's a great picture of April -- sitting on her leather couch, which is located at the foot of her bed...in her New York City studio apartment..

She has very tall ceilings -- and three VERY TALL windows -- a great place for her new plants...

Here she is, standing in her kitchen...

OR -- she can look out into the living/dining/sleeping/area of her apartment...

Believe me -- the Hey Rita TOTE NEEDED A NAP by the time we got up to April's apartment. Did I forget to mention that it's a FIFTH FLOOR WALK-UP...??


No kidding. By the time we got to the fourth floor, I was breathing hard and hanging onto the rail to keep from sliding back down. My knees were giving out...my back was killing me...April was, of course, gliding up the stairs well ahead of me. Being gracious, she turned and said (several times), "you're doing great, Rita!!"

I laughed and said, "sure I am, hon. Just promise me there is an oxygen tank in your place."

That night, April made reservations at Luzzo's -- THE hot pizza place in New York City. It was in the East Village. We had SUCH A GREAT TIME...and we never would have found that place on our own.

You are a wonderful ambassador for your adopted city, April. And I loved spending time with a REAL NEW YORKER...

P.S. -- and don't worry -- I won't forget your antlers!

2 comments:

  1. So who "got" to haul the furniture up those five flights of stairs?! Can you imagine?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. April said you must pay $10 extra PER FLOOR (if you live above the 3rd floor).

    ReplyDelete