Wednesday, May 5, 2010

E&E 5th Anniversary

The REASON I made a very quick trip up to Wisconsin was because I wanted to babysit for Lillian so Elliott & Emily could go "out on the town" to celebrate their 5th wedding anniversary. I am TERRIBLE about remembering anniversaries, birthdays, etc.



But this one seemed important...five years is BIG, y'know?? This is what happened when I tried to take their picture -- to commemorate this important moment...



I have always loved Elliott & Emily together. They both work hard to make a nice life for each other. They've moved a lot -- and lived in five or six homes (the ARMY life). Elliott is living his dream -- doing training for the Army and shooting high power rifles. He is a genius with all things mechanical. Emily is a bright, energetic yong woman who keeps a beautiful home, and actually manages to make ALL THAT MOVING look easy. At this moment, she is busy being a wonderful full-time homemaker and mommy. These two really "get" each other. And, after ten years together, they still laugh every day. I LOVE having a daughter-in-law (somebody who actully HELPS WITH DISHES) AND -- hey -- they're taking exceptional care of our Lillian...

I wanted them to know how delighted I am that they are together. And it is wonderful for me to know that Lillian is safe and happy, living in a home surrounded by love -- where both her Mom and Dad are taking care of business. By that, I mean -- the bills are paid, the house is warm and comfortable, the grass is mowed, the cars are well maintained, the food is healthy and there's enough ammo in the basement to re-enact the invasion of Normandy...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rita,

    I loved the video. You are such a great mom. I was also wondering how many couples in the US have E and E first initials. I don't think it's a common first letter for first names, and then to have two of them marry! Awesome - wait....

    i should have left out all the capitals - like ee. i love his style of typing! did he use punctuation?

    Anne

    ReplyDelete