Friday, May 14, 2010

Boring little wall lamp

This little lamp was a part of my giant LAMP GRAB at a recent auction...yes, I know it's ugly.

First, there will be some black spray paint...

Then, to redo the shade, I'll use peel-n-stick (I LOVE THIS STUFF) -- TO WRAP RIBBONS AROUND THE SHADE...

Yes, I need MORE RIBBONS...MORE COLORS...

When I'm doing something unpleasant (like CLEANING or walking on the treadmill) -- I treat myself with something creative as a reward or as a break. Here's how it works...I'll walk 1.5 miles, THEN I get to spray the lamp. Or, I'll clean the kitchen, THEN I get to sew another pair of baby shoes...

So, I'm chipping away at it...cleaning, walking, creating...one drawer, one mile, and one project at a time. 2010 has been a very productive spring -- and I can hardly wait to show you the FINISHED LAMP.

Altho, it just occurred to me that before I started the revamp of the lamp -- I forgot to put in a lightbulb to make sure it was working. Crap. Maybe it'll just be another art piece...with no function whatsoever....

1 comment:

  1. Its amazing how easy it is to tranform something into something nice.

    ReplyDelete