Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lissa Kucher Update

Here's a picture of Lissa and her Mom at the fund raiser last January. She designed the brown t-shirt with the words, "Fight Like A Cowgirl" on the front...



ANd -- you may remember that it was Lissa's shirt that inspired my cowgirl outfit for the Pink & Red Charity fashion show...shown here with the official Ya Ya Stalker team of Judy & Chris....

My sewing friend, Gail Brown, sent TWO BIG BOXES OF HATS that she had made for Lissa...unbelievable...Gail designs and sews hats of all kinds for women going through chemo...the hats came in a box, with a card from Gail, every hat was in it's own little ziplock bag..

Gail looked at pictures of Lissa and made the hats to fit her personality and coloring....AND one of the hats even has an attached "pony tail".

YOU ROCK, GAIL...

With the note, Gail said she hoped Lissa would feel free to give the hats she didn't use to other women Lissa meets at her chemo treatments.

Lissa is at that "soldiering on" point of her treatment. There have been some horrific side effects from the chemotherapy -- but, hopefully, she is through the most difficult time. She continues to work when she can, and has done a remarkable job of keeping up with her horse clients which involves a heavy travel schedule. She is intent on being the BEST horse chiropracter ever.

Thank you for asking about Lissa. I'll continue to update you. Laura -- I'm glad you're through your surgery and on the mend. You have been especially kind and encouraging for Lissa. Gail -- she adored the pony tail hat -- as I knew she would. Once again -- I am completely blown away by the generosity of women who sew. You are, as a group, the most giving people in the world. I am absolutely sure of it...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the update on Lissa. I was just thinking about her the other day. Tell her I'm still planning to do Race For the Cure on June 6th, though I will most likely be in a wheelchair for it. I am taking it nice & slow, but trying to get back into some activity. Down to twice a day on painkillers, instead of every 4hrs.
    Laura in Puyallup

    ReplyDelete