Sunday, January 10, 2010

Mason's Baby Shower

You know how it goes. The usual order of business at a bridal and/or baby shower is you eat, you play some cheesy games, and then you open the gifts. With 16 children between us -- believe me when I tell you my sisters & I have this DOWN TO A SCIENCE...

Our latest shower was for my niece Kelcy and her baby boy, Mason Dean. If you've been reading this blog for awhile, you may remember Kelcy decorated her nursery with a jungle theme.

Here's Kelcy, opening a quilt for Mason from Aunt Ronda. (Notice the jungle blanket on the table behind her...made for Mason by his Grandma Deena)We had the shower at the Methodist Church in McCausland, Iowa. They have a beautiful large fully-equipped kitchen -- and a big parking lot, too. It was ZERO degrees, and all our snow makes for poor parking conditions...


Here's the tiny little Guest-of-honor, being held by his Great-great-Aunt-Ada...


Here's the menu: Veggie pizza, broccoli cheese soup, bean soup and chili. After the delicious soup lunch -- our dessert was: red waldorf cake, homemade cream puffs AND mint brownies. I AM TELLING YOU -- THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS!!

In a future post -- I'll explain our "jungle dress-up-photo-activity" -- which was a surprise for Kelcy. And probably a welcome relief for everybody else -- (this crowd does a lot of whining when we get to the game part of the festivities). Until I get the right pictures -- here's YET ANOTHER PHOTO OF MY GRANDDAUGHTER, LILLIAN...note the faux fur leopard vest. Oh, yes, THANKS TO BLOOMINGDALE'S...

No comments:

Post a Comment