Sunday, January 3, 2010

Rugs and Mugs

Whether it's cooking, cleaning, sewing, decorating or shopping -- we ALL have our own standard when it comes to important holiday traditions.

For example, it would not be Christmas for my sister Ronda if she didn't display her nearly 100 nativity scenes for Christmas...

My sister-in-law Maureen is famous for decorating 14 Christmas Trees in her house. (yes, it's a big house -- but still??)

I used to decorate a REAL tree with ornaments that were special to Ross and Elliott -- every year as they were growing up, I made an ornament that was significant to that "year".

However, at some point, I realized I was THE ONLY ONE who cared about these ornaments...and putting up a real tree was A LOT OF WORK. As my cousin Kim would say, "some things play better in the movies"...

Last year -- we bought a white artificial tree prelit with blue lights. And I could not be happier.

As it turns out, I now decorate with mugs and rugs. One of the things I look for when thrift store shopping is Christmas MUGS. And, it seems I'm addicted to Christmas RUGS. They're everywhere...in the kitchen, in the bathrooms, the bedrooms...



Yep. "Mugs and Rugs". You gotta love it when a RHYME comes together...

3 comments:

  1. This year one of the coffee companies put out a gift pack with a red mug and two jars of coffee for the same price as one jar. I'm going to use them for Valentine's Day instead....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! Coffee is a great gift...and hey -- RED IS RED...

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice coffee great gift red mugs.really nice.i like too drinking coffee.

    ReplyDelete