Sunday, January 24, 2010
Linda Phillips Wishlist
This is a picture of a summer book club meeting on my porch. HARD TO REMEMBER summer, eh? Linda P. sent me one of those internet-forwarded-messages. Hey -- like everybody else -- I get a TON OF 'EM. She hardly ever forwards them, so I knew this would be good...I really identified!!.
1. I think part of a best friend’s job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong.
3. I totally take back all those times I didn’t want to nap when I was younger.
4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.
5. How the heck are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
7. Mapquest really needs to begin their directions on #5. I’m pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they stated how the person died.
9. I can’t remember the last time I wasn’t at least kind of tired.
10. Bad decisions make good stories.
11. You never know when it will strike but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren’t going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don’t want to have to restart my collection. . .again.
13. I’m always slightly terrified when I exit WORD and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my 10-page research paper that I swear I did not make changes to.
14. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry” means I will never wash this. . .ever.
15. I hate when I just missed a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Doggone it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times then goes to voicemail. What’d you do after I didn’t answer? Drop the phone and run away?
16. I hate leaving my house feeling confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste!
17. I keep some people’s phone number in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
18. While in the car the other day, my 4-year-old son asked me, “Dad, what would happen if you ran over a ninja?” How the heck do I respond to that?!
19. I think the freezer deserves a light too.
20. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with a Miller Lite than Kay.
at 4:00 AM