Friday, September 28, 2018

Wisconsin Quilt Expo

There has been so much going on lately, I hardly have time to DO IT ALL, much less BLOG ABOUT IT...

One of the most exciting events in the USA quilting scene is the Wisconsin Quilt Expo -- September 6-8, in Madison, Wisconsin.

I was QUITE DELIGHTED to learn that my wonderful Scott County Library was putting together a BUS TRIP!!

Madison is a 3 hour drive north of here -- and the best thing about taking the bus is that I CAN TAKE A NAP while we motor our way upl
It was a lovely, comfortable, air-conditioned motor coach!!
My cousin Linda went with me.

There were SO MANY wonderful quilts on exhibit.
Linda signed up for a scrap quilt class. (and was the first one in the room!)
One of the unique exhibits was a Van Gogh challenge
Everybody used the same fabrics...
And every quilt is SO UNIQUE...
Of all the quilts I saw that day -- Kandinsky Revisited was my personal favorite!!
There were so many exhibits at the show -- it was hard to know where to look first...
IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL quilt show!!
And it gets bigger and better every year!!
They have 30,000 attendees
And it felt like 30,000 different quilts!!
Tomorrow -- a behind the scene glimpse of the Wisconsin Quilt Expo...

1 comment: