Monday, September 24, 2018

Sue's Birthday Gift

Sue has been one of my best friends since we first met -- maybe we were 13 years old? So -- yes, people, we've been FRIENDS FOR OVER 50 years. Ugh. How is that even possible??
In her She-Shed. Remember the great work I did on her below-the-counter curtain?
Once or twice a year -- we get together for a birthday DAY. 
And we shop.
Sometimes, Sue joins the TMBC -- this was her giving a tour of her remodeled farmhouse.
She is, to be sure, the finest homemaker I know...she uses doilies -- and STARCHES her curtains.
So, this year, for Sue's birthday -- OF COURSE I'm gonna give her a Spooner. As a special treat, I'm also giving her a set of antique silver-plated soup spoons.
But the REAL gift is that I'm gonna show her how to easily remove the tarnish.  Remember this method?
You line the pan with aluminum foil, then pour boiling water on top...and sprinkle with baking soda...
The baking soda gets all fizzy -- and there's a distinct smell from the chemical reaction of the old tarnish, and the aluminum foil...
I thought Sue would be delighted to learn this new-"simplified-Pinterest-method of get-the-tarnish-off-silver-cleaning...but, as we were waiting for the water to boil, Sue said, "if I was using my old fashioned silver polish, I'd have been half done by now..."
She will get a lot of use out of her new soup spoons this winter...

No comments:

Post a Comment