Tuesday, September 18, 2018

When Appliances Become Friends

I don't know what this says about me -- but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my washing machine. It was a 30 year old Maytag...and we were best friends.

Really. Monday is one of my favorite days of the week -- why?? BECAUSE I GET TO DO LAUNDRY...and I love almost every step of the process.

Sorting the clothes, washing them, hanging sheets out on the line...the smell of fresh, clean line-dried sheets...HOW MANY TIMES have you heard me singing that song??

My faithful 1986 Maytag NEVER LET ME DOWN...she was everything you want in a friend. She was there for me any time I needed her -- night or day. She always did a GREAT JOB...and she was the hardest worker in the house.
My old Maytag would allow me to pick the water level...and the temperature. She used a whopping 15 gallons of water for a large load.
I could easily soak a set of yellowed sheets...put them into a tube of hot water...agitate for a few minutes...then let them sit over night...
A coupla years ago -- I decided to jazz up my laundry area...
And it seemed like she deserved a Make-over. THIS WAS SO MUCH FUN..!!
We had more than 30  wonderful years together. And then, at 2:30 PM on August 29th, she died... 

2 comments: