Monday, September 10, 2018

Our Lady of the Prairie Retreat Center

Recently, I had the opportunity to go back to Our Lady of the Prairie Retreat Center. Sitting on 400 acres in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE...it's less than an hour from my house -- and I feel like I've discovered a hidden gem.
This was their end-of-the-summer Art Auction Fundraiser.  It was kind of like an ice cream social...
To review -- the first time I went there was at the beginning of the summer. The TMBC had a two-day Featherweight Retreat. WE LOVED IT..!!
This time, I was with my sister-in-law, Jeanne (middle) and my sister Deena (who owns FIVE Featherweights)
It was SO DIFFERENT on this day. The grounds were all set up with tents, various outdoor activities...artists, stuff for sale, food to eat, etc.
There were hundreds of people.

Many things for sale in the Silent Auction.
And they were running tours around the property -- in golf carts and small buses.
We grabbed a glass of wine -- and GOT ON THE BUS...
During my first visit, I never even noticed their fabulous FIRE PIT...!!
And -- get this -- THERE IS AN ACTUAL LABYRINTH..!!
Oh, yeah -- this was a wonderful, wonderful day.
AND -- I am ramping up to my REALLY, REALLY BIG IDEA...but I'm not quite ready to share it...

Coming soon, tho...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment