Thursday, September 20, 2018

My New Speed Queen!!

I'm not QUITE done with my washing-machine saga...Because this is a very big deal for me.

When we went to Zirkelbach's to look at washing machines, the guy working there (Tim) said everybody who works at the store owns Speed Queens.
Even though they carry many other brands...Maytag, LG, Whirlpool, etc. -- they sell Speed Queens about 7 to 1.

SO WHAT'S THAT ABOUT??

Speed Queen uses 14 gallons of water to do a load of laundry, compared to 7.5 gallons for the others.

Speed Queen has a 1.5 HP motor -- capable of SPINNING A FULL TUB, WITH 14 GALLONS OF WATER.

The others have a 1/4 HP motor -- which is all they need because they never SPIN the tub when there's water in it. Those washing machines drain the water out FIRST. Think about that. AFTER your clothes have gone through the wash cycle -- the dirty water drains back down through them...The tub doesn't spin until the water has drained.

If you wonder why your towels all smell like ass -- it's because your shiny late-model washing machine does not use enough water to even dissolve the detergent. It builds up in the towels...because there is never enough water in the tub to rinse it away...

And -- hey -- there is something to be said about an appliance that is MADE IN AMERICA.

Go -- Speed Queen and Ripon, Wisconsin.

I think I'm going to name my washing machine this time. I know she is definitely a woman...any suggestions??

And, yes, I can definitely see a make-over in her future...

No comments:

Post a Comment