Thursday, December 14, 2017

My Last Afternoon in Florida

As hard as Fitness Camp was (and it was VERY, VERY HARD) -- I was beyond grateful to be there. And one of the things I most enjoyed was the beach...the ocean...the smell...the sand...
We walked on that beach just about every day...
AND I LOVED IT.
Saturday, I went to the gym for the morning workout. Then, I showered and went to this very spectacular event that was taking place just down the road from our condo...
At the Treasure Island Resort -- Sand sculptors from all over the world came to compete in Sanding Ovations...
There was a giant tented craft show/market set up, there was LOTS OF FOOD (which I did not eat),a stage with live music, LOTS OF BEER (which I did not drink)...handmade jewelry, 

But -- mostly -- it was about THESE INCREDIBLE SAND SCULPTORS...

I don't even have words for these amazing works of art. When I got there, the artists were still working on their masterpieces...and my crappy camera certainly doesn't do them justice...

But you will get the gist of it....
Really...I cannot imagine a better way to spend my last day in Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment