Friday, December 15, 2017

Grandma's Cutout Cookie Experience

Last week, my niece Kelcy posted some pictures on her Facebook page of a "cookie party" she was hosting at her house.

It wasn't the kind of "cookie exchange" we used to do back in the 80's...they were all sitting in her kitchen -- taking turns decorating cookies.
My sister, Deena, helping her granddaughter Myla...
Kelcy told me these two women have started a cottage business of baking cookies in their home.  I learned more about them. on their Facebook page,
This is their concept:  This year, we're going to focus on doing some in-home cookie decorating parties. If you're interested, here are the details: - $20 per person, with a minimum of 4 participants -Each person would get to decorate 6 cookies (additional cookies are $2 each) -We bring everything with us to decorate - icing, sprinkles, decorating tools, etc.

Kelcy always finds the BEST STUFF for kids!!

Anyway -- the 2 Mamas are BUSY right now -- and I mostly want to bake, cut out and decorate with Lilly and Warren...so I emailed them to find out if I could just buy the "Grandma Experience Kit".

(making five different colors of frosting will mess up MY ENTIRE KITCHEN...and just doing the dishes will take me another day and a half.)

But, as it turns out, they cannot sell unbaked cookie dough. Bummer. But, guess what -- THEY ARE HAPPY TO SELL ME THE FROSTING BAGS...so I ordered a dozen cookies and five different colors of frosting.

I'll make one batch of sugar cookies so Lilly and Warren can get the "rolling out" experience. AND the house will smell like Christmas..!!


So, today, at 4:30, we'll pick up our Grandma Cookie Kit!! THIS SHOULD BE FUN>...!!

1 comment: