Thursday, December 28, 2017

My favorite Christmas Ornament/Movie

The kids are out of school this week, and we are busy making the most of our time off.  (AND planning our outfits for next week's Hamilton trip!).

So, I'm gonna post some re-runs....This is an oldie...

***************

Before Christmas 2009 goes away forever -- I'd like to point out one of my favorite FARRO traditions --


Hanging in our living room -- every year -- my fabulous cardboard ornament of Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed in a scene from IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE. The best Christmas movie EVER made. I watch it every single year -- it goes beyond Christmas tradition. It's what life is all about -- not just for one day a year, but EVERY day of your life. Making a difference. Just by taking care of your family, going to work every day, being kind....

All the people you touch with your life -- but never really think about. I LOVE the movie..

Maybe 15 years ago, Target decorated their stores with scenes from It's A Wonderful Life -- and I sucked up to the local Target manager, spent hours shopping there every single day during the month of January -- hoping to snag one of the ORNAMENTS before it went into the dumpster...


My persistence paid off. As persistence always does. And this ornament became a fixture in the Farro living room...

Yep. It IS a Wonderful Life...

No comments:

Post a Comment