Saturday, December 16, 2017

After Fat Camp

There is no question that Fat Camp changed my life. I have improved my eating habits, and I got out of my Lazy Boy. But the biggest change is, no doubt, the fact that I HAPPILY GO TO THE POOL every chance I get.

And I marvel at the difference in my life -- and, also, in the lives of my grandchildren...
The first weekend I was home -- we went to the YMCA pool.
They LOVE IT THERE...(Warren's job is to dry off my flip flops)
AND -- as a part of our Polar Express adventure -- I booked a motel, and I made sure it had a swimming pool.  It was a Hampton Inn, and I knew the kids would LOVE staying in a motel.
We checked in about 6:00...and the first thing they wanted to do was GET IN THE POOL.  hey -- THAT'S FINE WITH ME!!
We brought some toys with us.  The three of us had the pool all to ourselves.  IT WAS GREAT.  We had so much fun...and I cannot believe I'm able to do this with them.  What a gift!!  (for all of us)
Sorry, Hampton Inn -- but they are never allowed to do this at Grandma's house...
But, really, do you remember how much fun it is to JUMP ON THE BED???
And have a real, honest-to-goodness PILLOW FIGHT..
The next morning, after breakfast -- it was BACK TO THE POOL
Oh, yes, our Kick-Off Grandma Camp Christmas Weekend was a ROARING SUCCESS...

After the adventure of the Polar Express train ride -- then an overnight at the lovely Hampton Inn -- they were ready to go home.  Even though it was just a one hour car ride....

They were wiped out...

1 comment:

  1. WOW, they are really zonked out! Loved the Polar Express posts - what a wonderful adventure for you all!

    ReplyDelete