Wednesday, August 2, 2017

More Princeton TALENT

Here's the thing. I have about a 12% understanding of how YouTube works...but  if you watched the video of Lilly singing at the Princeton Talent Show,  other videos came up on your screen.  Some were mine (maybe), but others were quite random...

Some of you saw this....it's the Leonard Cohen version of Hallelujah.

The young man with the guitar is my grand-nephew, Cale. I don't know the girl's name...but she was remarkable.

This was a very small event, put on by Allie Studding (the girl playing the drums) to raise money for the Children's Hospital in Iowa City. She rented the upstairs of the Princeton Community Center -- and put the word out via Facebook. I learned about it because of my niece (Cale's Mom). It's a shame there weren't more people there...because THESE KIDS WERE TERRIFIC.



A random photo of me, with Amy and two of her three boys.  We were attending a concert.  Cale (on the left) is the musician.  So far, we think Garret is gonna be the magician of the family...
OMG...Cale was so young then.  Amy was blonde...and I was fat.  Hey -- we all have our jobs!!
It's funny how life works.  ANY TIME I HEAR THAT SONG...the Leonard Cohen version of Hallelujah, I think of my friend Marion.  WHO ACTUALLY SAW HIM LIVE, IN CONCERT.  And I am still kicking myself that I didn't get to go with her...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment