Monday, August 21, 2017

Grandma Camp Snack Hack

Grandma Camp is winding down. It's been a wonderful summer with the kids. I only lost my temper and patience once or twice (each day, that is)...but the kids forgave me. Because Lilly is 8 and Warren is 4 -- they are VERY EASY TO PLEASE.

It just doesn't take much to delight them.  A simple picnic in the park will do just fine!!

 The other day, I was packing our usual stuff -- the big cooler for water...sunscreen, etc...

WHEN IT DAWNED ON ME!!
This is the cooler we always take for our ice water.
I could just stick a few Gogurts in the ice water!!
And some string cheese, too!!
When I showed Lilly what I was doing, she said, "You've created a hack, Grandma. Actually -- it's a Snack Hack."
It'll be enough of a snack to tide them over until lunchtime.
Because figuring out all this equipment can wear a kid out...
I had some errands to run, so Ross took them to another park...
Lilly loves to watch "hacks" on YouTube. Hacking used to mean getting into other people's computer data...but now, it's more like how to MacGuyver your life...things like -- how would you cut a cake if you had no silverware? (dental floss?)..

**********************
MMWI:  233.0

No comments:

Post a Comment