Monday, July 24, 2017

That was THEN...

It's Monday -- the day I post my MMWI. As I'm writing this post, I have no idea if that number went up or down...

Although I try NOT TO MAKE MY LIFE ABOUT THAT NUMBER...Because that can be very discouraging. I think it took me six weeks to lose 2 pounds...ugh...But I get on that damned scale once a week to be accountable. To face the number.  To understand WHAT I ACTUALLY WEIGH.

Anybody who's walked in my fat shoes can tell you losing weight is never easy. There are days when the potato chips win...it's just the nature of those little bastards...

Summer has been rough...the Pennsylvania vacation meant Italian bread and Calzones. Then, the holidays -- the 4th of July...Elliott's birthday -- pesto and Farro Family birthday cake. I still love food, and I eat EVERYTHING. It's only the portions that have changed...lol...

Hey -- If you're doing it right -- LIFE IS FULL OF celebration and those good times are ALWAYS ABOUT THE FOOD..!!

So, to encourage myself...I decided to go back and see what I looked like last summer...BFC  (Before Fat Camp).
Last summer, at our Sisters Sewing Weekend. In June. I probably weighed 310??  Yikes...
Here's what you cannot see in this photo. It was hot in Missouri...and I was sweating like a pig most of the time.  Whenever I sat down, I tried to position myself in the chair closest to the little window air conditioner...I was very uncomfortable...

That same month, my sister Ronda and I went to Hamilton, Missour to visit the Missouri Star Quilt Company.  We were attending a Featherweight Workshop...
Ronda and I at Missouri Star. Gheesh...I was so fat!! I am shocked I was able to walk at all!! (there was a lot more sitting than walking)...
What you can't see: we were staying in the lovely sleeping rooms on the second floor of the MSQC retreat building. This 1900 building had a wide staircase, with a landing....so it was many stairs. Once I came down in the morning, I NEVER WENT BACK UP...I had to do those steps one foot at a time and I dreaded the trip...
At Ross's surprise graduation party last summer. One of my least favorite pictures of me. YIKES I AM FAT...and sweaty...I make both Ross and Deena look downright skinny. (you're welcome)
Again -- what you cannot see in the photo. I didn't have any summer pants or capris that fit me.  They would have been size 26 at least...  Although I tried to cover my fatness with some stylish long dresses -- I looked terrible and felt worse. I was short of breath...and on this day, I tripped over that long skirt when I got out of the car. Deena's son Toby rushed over to carry the cake into the building...because I looked and felt like I was about to pass out...

Tomorrow, I'm going to post some NOW pictures...

**********************
MMWI:  238.0...That's a gain...and I went to the pool six days last week!  I am disappointed, but not discouraged.  In many ways, that number is NOT the important thing.  Tomorrow, I'm posting some of  my THIS IS NOW pictures...

1 comment:

  1. Rita, I couldn't wait for tomorrow! I looked back at a couple previous July blogs. I can see how your face has slimmed down since these pictures from last year - you're doing great! Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete