Wednesday, July 26, 2017

How it feels vs. How it tastes

Monday, I posted the BEFORE pictures of my pre-fat-camp body. Tuesday I posted the NOW pictures. Looking at those pictures brought things into perspective for me. BIGTIME...

Here's the thing. Throughout my life, I have often been annoyed by people who recently lost weight -- coming up to tell me HOW THEY DID IT. UGH.  I wanted to yell...STOP BEING SO SMUG....I FEEL BAD ENOUGH....LEAVE ME ALONE....NOBODY CARES WHAT YOU ATE FOR BREAKFAST!!

There are a million ways to lose weight. Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Fat Camp, online support groups...self-imposed diets. But what works for one person may not work for another...there is no perfect answer...

So, I have no intention of using this blog to tell you what I ate on any given day...or to get preachy about the importance of exercise. But, for those of you who may have given up hope -- I want to say this.

What has helped me the most is to focus on HOW IT FEELS... as opposed to HOW IT TASTES.

My life today feels terrific...and it's full of active VERBS. I travel, swim, walk, lift...I am DOING STUFF every day -- and life has never felt better.

This is a photo collage of RITA-ON-THE-MOVE....trains, planes and automobiles....

No comments:

Post a Comment