Friday, June 30, 2017

Wisconsin!!

Living in Princeton, Iowa has many, many benefits. One of the big ones is that I am very close to two way more interesting STATES. First of all -- I can almost see Illinois from my house. Getting to Chicago is an easy train ride -- and, well, I don't want to start that whole Hamilton thing again -- but you know what I'm talking about.

And then -- Wisconsin is just an hour away. WHAT?? (another line from Hamilton...)
We go to Wisconsin at the drop of a hat. John and I always enjoy a Fall car trip to see the leaves...
Mary and I -- at this year's Sewing Weekend in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin...
The minute I get through Dubuque, Iowa -- Wisconsin Hwy #151 -- has these cuts on either side of the road...
Besides cheese curds, they have their own snack food...
I frequently write about their wonderful thrift stores!! I always stop in Mt. Horeb, and during my last solo trip there -- I was visiting my favorite Bargain Nook when I saw this cafe next door:
They had an old fashioned lunch counter!!
My food was delicious, so I decided to buy two of their "pasties" for my upcoming Iron Range luncheon...
I adore these quaint little Wisconsin towns!!
This is the best picture I have of the pasties! They were A.M.A.Z.I.N.G...
Yesterday, John and I took the kids on their first GRANDPARENTS DAY TRIP...of course -- to a location in Wisconsin. It just might be worth a whole week of blog posts...really...it was THAT GOOD...

No comments:

Post a Comment