Thursday, August 11, 2016

The Splendid Sampler™ Wednesday

The Splendid Sampler™ Wednesday
(...skip this part if you're not new here...)

The Splendid Sampler™ is an internet sew-a-long created by Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson. It is an EPIC sew along...
  • 83 fabric designers have created specific blocks that feature different quilting techniques. (paper piecing, fused applique, etc.).
  • The blocks will be released each week, and are FREE to participants until March 2017. (at that time, they'll use the designs to publish a book).
  • You can use whatever fabric you like.
  • There will be pictures on their Facebook page, etc.
The new block designs come out twice a week....on Sunday morning and Thursday morning. I'm doing this with my TMBC...and, therefore, it is my pleasure to BLOG ABOUT IT every Wednesday.
***********************

YES, I KNOW -- IT'S THURSDAY!! Ugh. How did I let this happen?? And the title for the blog actually says, "The Splendid Sampler Wednesday".

There is a long boring explanation. 

Which I will spare you from reading. 

You're welcome.

But, we are still keeping up...(some of us better than others).  And here are our latest collective efforts:

Sandy did the two weekly blocks AND the bonus flag block.
They turned out great -- her points are perfect.
My points are NOT perfect, and I loved the paper pieced block so much I actually did TWO OF THEM.
And if you're seeing double???
Oh, yeah -- the reliable quilting machine affectionately known as LP is STILL KEEPING UP...

No comments:

Post a Comment