Saturday, August 20, 2016

Featherweight #6 and Ritaluck

Here's the thing. You have all heard about my incredible good luck. Twenty years ago, I named it "Ritaluck"...and it never lets me down. Thanks to Ritaluck, I find great parking spaces at Kohl's the week before Christmas, and there is a constant stream of treasure coming into my house that is simply TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE...

But Ritaluck played a very special role in Deborah's new white Featherweight...
She brought it directly to my house -- and there were several issues...
But, since Ronda and I are FRESH out of the Singer Featherweight Workshop -- we showed her how to oil it, and lube it, and we had the new belt it needed...Izzy was looking good in no time...
I SO WANTED to get a picture of the four of us, with our Featherweights!!  THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN...
So, we went to Deena's house -- and hired a professional photographer...
YES, PEOPLE -- THIS is as good as it gets. Deborah, Deena, Ronda and Rita...posing with our Featherweights. WE ARE SO DELIGHTED!!
So -- how is Ritaluck involved? Deborah's little Izzy had several issues I was not certain about. And then, I remembered that April and Carmon Henry were going to be in Tennessee. (Remember -- they are on a three month long nationwide tour -- doing their Featherweight Workshops)...

I went to the Singer-Featherweight.com website -- and discovered that they would actually be in Nashville, Tennessee -- 15 minutes from where Deborah works -- THE VERY NEXT WEEK.

Seriously -- what are the chances??  I sent an email to April -- and Deborah went to the hotel!!   Deb needed to buy some bobbins, a 1/4 inch quilting foot, some lube, oil, etc.  They had a last minute cancellation, and Deb COULD HAVE ATTENDED the workshop -- but, alas, she had to work that day.  But the Henry's looked at Izzy, and gave Deb some great advice. 
THANKS AGAIN, Carmon Henry!!
 Here's the link to the Henry's tour dates -- if they are coming to a city near you -- GET ON THE WAIT LIST.  You will not regret it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment