Wednesday, May 25, 2016

The Splendid Sampler™ Wednesday

The Splendid Sampler™ Wednesday
(...skip this part if you're not new here...)

The Splendid Sampler™ is an internet sew-a-long created by Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson. It is an EPIC sew along...
  • 83 fabric designers have created specific blocks that feature different quilting techniques. (paper piecing, fused applique, etc.).
  • The blocks will be released each week, and are FREE to participants until March 2017. (at that time, they'll use the designs to publish a book).
  • You can use whatever fabric you like.
  • There will be pictures on their Facebook page, etc.
The new block designs come out twice a week....on Sunday morning and Thursday morning. I'm doing this with my TMBC...and, therefore, it is my pleasure to BLOG ABOUT IT every Wednesday.

***************

Last week was different because I was leaving for Spring Quilt Market in Salt Lake City...so I invited the girls out to my house for our annual summer porch breakfast.  That way, I could do a little fashion show and share the FIVE NEW OUTFITS I made for Quilt Market...

We tag teamed the food...I made popovers!!
I even had A BLOCK TO SHARE...
And LP had FOUR NEW BLOCKS to share!! 
Sandy was the first to tackle the Dresden plate.
And her sewing machine was perfect
Mine is a work in progress...
Linda is losing the will to quilt....
I don't think I shared this picture...LP's embroidery is perfect.
Sandy's new job is to take pictures and post them on our private Facebook page.  (for all our remote members -- JACKIE)
Sandy's embroidery on the Bonus block looks exactly like a map of the world.
Coming soon -- pictures of my porch fashion show, and then pictures of those outfits at Quilt Market...SEW MUCH FUN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment