Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Spring Quilt Market Style Show

One of the best things about my job with Sew Expo was making FIVE NEW SPRING OUTFITS. It was always fun to plan them, and sew them, knowing that the audience there was the MOST OBSERVANT, APPRECIATIVE sewing audience in the world. I'd blog about them in advance, then, at the show -- everybody would stop me and make comments...always kind comments. Nobody ever said, "those pants make your butt look big".

Yep.  You've gotta know your audience...

And my TMBC crew is the BEST.  They know that for the last two weeks, I've been working like crazy -- Franken-sewing my outfits for the QM in Salt Lake City.  When I invited them to the preview-breakfast-fashion show...I warned them that ALL THE OUTFITS MADE MY BUTT LOOK BIG...

They all came anyway...and kept that comment to themselves.! 
My faux-Marrimeko palazzo pants.  I added the two asymmetrical blue stripes.  Now they fit me great.
Yes, a man's cuban shirt.  An actual silk "Cabana" shirt!
I cut up a black silk shirt, and added the side panels -- and remade the sleeves.
THIS was such a hit!!  I bought the lightweight cotton shirt years ago because I sooo loved the fabric.  It is so old, there was an IGLWA label in it.  And covered buttons.  But it was a size M.  WAY too small for me...
I cut off the sleeves, and did a simple facing around the armholes...
And added the black and white side panels...!!
The shirt was perfect.  But too short.  So I added several layers of fringe  NOW WE'RE TALKING!!
Remember the hot pink dress from the Peoria Goodwill?
I cut off the worthless strapless top, added the black shirt with the sexy sleeves...
More black side panels...
Believe it or not -- I found this necklace ($1.99) at the Salvation Army the week I finished the dress!  YES, RITALUCK IS A WONDERFUL THING...
Time to pack up the bags and HIT THE ROAD...Spring Quilt Market and Salt Lake City -- HERE I COME...

No comments:

Post a Comment