Wednesday, May 18, 2016

The Splendid Sampler™ Wednesday

The Splendid Sampler™ Wednesday
(...skip this part if you're not new here...)

The Splendid Sampler™ is an internet sew-a-long created by Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson. It is an EPIC sew along...
  • 83 fabric designers have created specific blocks that feature different quilting techniques. (paper piecing, fused applique, etc.).
  • The blocks will be released each week, and are FREE to participants until March 2017. (at that time, they'll use the designs to publish a book).
  • You can use whatever fabric you like.
  • There will be pictures on their Facebook page, etc.
The new block designs come out twice a week....on Sunday morning and Thursday morning. I'm doing this with my TMBC...and, therefore, it is my pleasure to BLOG ABOUT IT every Wednesday.
************
Last week was the first time I MISSED BLOGGING about our TMBC Splendid Sampler!!

Sorry...I promise to do better...
Lilly is improving her quilting skills...this is her favorite block.
I had a great week -- and did two versions of Goose on the Loose.
LP is now a huge fan of paper piecing!!
Sandy did a batik version...
Our four blocks would make an interesting quilt, eh?
I also made two versions of Hand in Hand..
Four blocks in one week is a new record for me...
Sandy completed her Earth Day bonus block
LK did two versions of the Derby Day hat.
LP, lining up her blocks...Inspector Side Kick
LP was very unhappy with her first version of this block...notice how the point is lost in the seam?
THEN, she figured out how to paper piece it!!
Of course, LK did two versions of Hand in Hand
Even her backside is perfect...(yes, I know how that sounds...and I'm sticking with it...)
At this point, LP must have

2 comments: