Monday, May 16, 2016

My Faux-Marimekko Palazzo Pants

I was inspired by the recent Marimekko collection at Target. I especially loved their lively plus size collection -- which, of course, was COMPLETELY GONE by the time I got there...
The asymmetrical stripe makes me CRAZY...I LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT....
The idea of using a different pattern for each side is GENIUS...WHY HAVEN'T I EVER THOUGHT OF THIS??
I purchased a pair of wide leg rayon pants from Penney's last year.  (originally $54, $3.97 on clearance)
The pants didn't quite fit me...and rayon has no stretch....so I decided to add some bright blue knit fabric as a vertical stripe...
And, to place the stripes down both legs, but in an asymetrical way...
One stripe in the center front, the other stripe down the side...
Oh, yeah -- THIS IS GONNA BE FUN!!
If it turns out, this will be one of my outfits for Spring Quilt Market. (I leave on Wednesday -- back home on Monday)...

No comments:

Post a Comment