Saturday, February 6, 2016

Mary's Winter Visit: TMBC Day

Mary arrived on Thursday evening. I got a pan of halupkees out of the freezer, and John made a loaf of his crusty bread. When we got back to the house, John and Ross had supper ready -- they'd even SET THE TABLE -- napkins and all!

The next morning was our day to Clinton with the TMBC....
My best picture of us -- at Rastrelli's, a wonderful family owned Italian restaurant.  Linda, me, Lin P., Sandy and Mary...
Mary did NOT buy the quilted red footie pajamas...(but she was tempted)
This stool looked like my cousin Linda.
She passed on the stool -- but could not resist the lady picture.
Mary found this quilt -- in pristine condition -- holy cow -- what's with the red yard ties??  ugh...
At home that night, reviewing our treasures...(Mary found at least six scarves)...
MANY hankies, some aprons...
I found some purple boots for Lilly...
Some dressy flats for Maddie.
This little book was a REAL FIND...
It was ALL ABOUT LAUNDRY...omg....Mary and I both love this topic -- and reading this booklet was thrilling.  Really.  It was SO interesting.  The spot removal cures 60 years ago involved some carbolic acid, maybe lard -- lots of kerosene...
I paid $8.40 for a ten foot long rag rug.  BRAND NEW...such a bargain...

No comments:

Post a Comment