Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Grant Rita/Ronda Day, Part #2

As we were starting the day, both girls in my car and we were discussing what they should call us. To Memphis, I am Aunt Rita and Ronda is Grandma. To Lilly, Ronda is Aunt Ronda and I am Grandma. We know from experience that is is confusing when one of them calls, "Grandma".

Lilly came up with the perfect solution. "For today, we could call you Grant Rita and Grant Ronda"....I just looked at her....amazed. Thinking I didn't understand the brilliance of her suggestion, she explained, "You know, we could smush together the words Grandma and Aunt...to make the word Grant..."

Such a proud moment, eh??
This would be Ronda's Featherweight debut...(left)
We were making those four-pillow floor beds that have been all the rage on Pinterest!
But, of course, we could not possibly just sew four purchased pillowcases together. WE ARE GRANT RITA AND GRANT RONDA -- sewing Goddesses!! And the flannel collection at Grant Ronda's house could cover the planet...so the first order of business was to help the girls choose their four fabrics....
The second order of business was to eat some of Dean's venison stew...
Both Memphis and Lilly LOVED, LOVED, LOVED sewing on the Featherweights...
Ronda was learning, right along with the girls...
Both girls were soon confident enough to go it on their own...
Frankly, they were so happy with their first little scrap flannel bag, we could have just quit there...
Lilly was so focused, and the little machine seemed like the perfect size...it just purred along....
Lilly was SO DELIGHTED with her finished pillow bed!!
My favorite picture of the day!!
But, honestly -- it wasn't all hearts and flowers. We had some REAL ISSUES with this project...

1 comment:

  1. I made one of these for my Great-Grandson's
    Birthday after going to their home for a sleep-over & they had no extra pillows! I had MANY extra pillows I don't need.....so.....:)

    ReplyDelete