Saturday, February 27, 2016

I Paint Everything. Just Because I can...

Getting Frankie was the best thing I did for myself last year. But, in the beginning, it was touch and go...

Did I tell you that John didn't speak to me for two weeks? Well -- you know how that's going, right?

OF COURSE John is Frankie's favorite. He follows him everywhere...and they are great buddies.

Having a dog in the house is wonderful company. And it's great to have a living, breathing thing in your life that totally adores you. Frankie believes I am wonderful, and he likes everything about me.

He listens when I talk, often tilting his head to make sure he's getting every word. And there is never any judgement.

Frankie admires all my creative endeavors...

And you know how much I love PAINTING unlikely things...
Rooms, doors, houses, furniture, suitcases, purses, shoes....
Even my washer and dryer!!
So, what are the chances I'm going to let THIS be Frankie's permanent crate??
When I brought Frankie home, he was a little pipsqueak...and had a very small crate, which he quickly outgrew. There was a second crate. But this final crate (found at a thrift shop for $5)...will be his permanent home. He loves it. I made a custom cushion (t-shirt cover) for inside...and it's his happy place...
Of course, Lilly will help...
You can't do anything WRONG...
If you don't like how it's turning out -- you just paint over it...
It takes days...one layer has to dry, then you add another
The detail work is done with a permanent marker
A coat of Mod Podge when you're finished
WELCOME TO MY WORLD, Frankie!!

1 comment: