Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Freedom Rock

In 2010, I was a pretty new blogger -- and I wrote about the Freedom Rock.  Here's that original post.

Recently, it was just me and my cousin Linda for our Tuesday breakfast. We ended up in LeClaire, Iowa -- enjoying the new Scott County Freedom rock, recently placed on the Mississippi Riverfront.

It took me awhile before I realized our rock was painted by the same artist, Ray Sorensen...

Every side of the rock has a different scene...
This rock focuses on Scott County
Beautiful river setting...
Me, taking a picture of Linda, taking a picture of me...

How our county came to have it's own Freedom Rock is a fascinating story about a talented young artist who has figured out a way to make a living with his art.

His goal is to paint a rock for every county in the State of Iowa. He charges $5,000 per county. Here's his website, explaining how it works:Freedom Rock, painted by Ray Sorensen. It's about a man and his art.

Doing what he loves to support his family...honoring our veterans...and yes, people, my favorite thing -- MARKETING.

I am in awe. Genius!! Go Bubba!!

No comments:

Post a Comment