Thursday, October 8, 2015

Ahhh....Books

I got several emails about my WORST BOOK blog post. Maybe I was wrong to be so negative. Because, of course, I know books are a very personal thing. I have loved books that my best friends hated....and vice versa.

So, I am sorry if I burst any bubbles with my disappointment over Go Set A Watchman...hey -- don't listen to me. NOBODY IN MY HOUSE DOES...

Today, I'll be doing a little Wisconsin Day Trippin to hook up with a friend for lunch and maybe a little cheese touring. I'm listening to a good book on tape,
Tallgrass, by Sandra Dallas
This book is about a small Colorado town during WW II. The government opens a Japanese internment camp, and life turns upside down. A young neighbor girl is murdered...(well, that's where I'm at right now.)

AND I was up late last night, finishing a book my friend Eileen sent to me....
I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this book. It will go down in my personal book journal as the BEST book of 2015....
When a successful New York lawyer suddenly disappears without a trace, neither his wife nor his daughter Julia has any idea where he might be…until they find a love letter he wrote many years ago, to a Burmese woman they have never heard of...

No comments:

Post a Comment