Thursday, October 10, 2013

Nothing Like a Good Book

There are very few things in life as wonderful as being involved in a really good book. This summer I've been reading a crazy number of books...and I listen to more than I read.

Last week was especially delicious....

I was READING the wonderful Harlan Coben's book, LIVE WIRE. I swear...the man writes a roller coaster ride. I could not put it down...
I started it on Sunday night -- and, even with new episodes of The Good Wife AND The Voice AND Dancing with the Stars -- I finished it on Tuesday night...
THEN, while driving in my car, I was listening to a Jack Reacher book. Lee Child does an amazing job...I don't know why but I simply adore Jack Reacher. Or maybe I am in love with Dick Hill, who reads the Lee Child books. DAMN he is good...
I get so involved in the Persuader -- I make up excuses to get in my car, BY MYSELF, and just drive for miles and miles.

AND, because I am BACK on my boring treadmill -- I always listen to a different book on tape when I'm walking my one mile every day. Right now, I am delighted to be listening to the V book in the Susan Grafton alphabet series...
My favorite Private Detective, Kinsey Millhone.  I AM SO GOING TO MISS HER...

And, I'm almost embarrassed to admit this -- but at the same time these other books are all going -- I was doing a lot of cooking one day -- so I popped this one into the player in the kitchen...It's way too much work to bring my treadmill book into the kitchen...
And when it comes to thrillers and complicated intrigue -- nobody does it like Baldacci!!

Hey -- I'D BETTER GET GOING. There are so many books to read -- and so little time...

No comments:

Post a Comment