Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Amy & Nicole Lunch Menu

It is a beautiful Fall day. The kids are back in school...and on the spur of the moment -- I invited my nieces Amy and Nicole to lunch.
I set the table out on the porch with a vintage applique tablecloth. It was a STUNNING day...

The Pioneer Woman changed my life with her recipe for Olive Cheese BREAD. HOLY COW. It is sooo delicious...The girls each took one home....


One of my favorite salads. Lettuce, apples, walnuts and Feta cheese with a sweet/sour vinaigrette.

The main dish for the lunch was my Fritatta. It turned out TERRIFIC. I whisked six eggs, added some leftover spaghetti, grated then some chopped onion, leftover meat, an assortment of grated cheese (full disclosure -- two cups of cheese!)...
After I flipped it out of the iron skillet -- I'm going to pop it under the broiler......


I start the fritatta in the iron frying pan, and finish it off in the oven.  The FLIPPING it out of the pan is the had part!


I love, love, love getting out Aunt Rozella's silver. And I think she would love me using it with my favorite summer plastic dishes...


These sisters are my sister Ronda's daughters...and they are both wonderful young mothers...

Even though it all came together at the last minute -- there was a purpose for this lunch. I had something in mind when I invited Amy and Nicole over...that will be another post!!

No comments:

Post a Comment