SO -- THANKS FOR THE GOOD ADVICE. I already went to the library this afternoon to see what DVD's they had available...and here are some of the titles I'll be looking for...
Sue wrote: My grands and I love Ever After, starring Drew Barrymore. It’s the Cinderella story but the princess kicks butt and is totally NOT a “princess”.
- Charlotte’s Web, two they watch over and over
- Chicken Little – not my favorite but they liked it -- animated
- National Velvet with Eliz. Taylor -- It holds up well!
- The Karate Kid – the original with Ralph Macchio
- ET – my youngest found parts of it kind of scary until she was about five but I kept telling her it was going to be OK and she kept watching, loved it at the end.
- Blackbeard’s Ghost – Peter Ustinov, Dean Jones, actually any of those OLD Disneys
- That Darned Cat
- Herbie the Love Bug, etc.
- The Goonies
- Benji – the girls love dog movies!
- Where the Red Fern Grows – if you can find a copy, it’s a lovely movie
Lillian is one of those kids who watches WAY TOO many videos. But I've decided if you can't beat ém -- join ém...and this movie thing could be AWESOME. With a little advance planning, Lilly and I will watch some wonderful movies together...and maybe have some interesting discussions or learn some life lessons along the way.
How old should she be before we get to watch To Kill A Mockingbird??