Friday, June 8, 2012

Thanks again, Abililene

When Lillian is here -- I try to provide some playmates. It is her FAVORITE thing -- having other little kids to play with. And, if you are a regular reader of this blog -- you know I HAVE SOME PEEPS...

Five year old Cash came by one day.  Lilly followed him everywhere, and she wanted to do everything he did... he was very sweet with her...

It doesn't take much to amuse kids this age. And -- HEY -- I've got some Grandma Game!!  Right after they wore me out (with a walk) -- I set them up on the porch with a cardboard box and a few bottles of cheap paint.

Cash was on his side, and Lilly was on her side. They were wearing John's old golf shirts to protect their real clothes (which they loved)...and the two of them WENT TO WORK!

Cash started off with his name and a happy face...

Lilly had a more abstract point of view...

And here's my best moment of the week. But you will only understand it if you read the book "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett.  (I blogged about it here.) After a very thoughtful hour, each of them painting their own side of the box...Lilly reached over and touched Cash's arm. He looked at her, and she said, "Cash, you are kind, you are smart, and you are important..." The power is in the words...

No comments:

Post a Comment