Wednesday, June 6, 2012

New t-shirt scarf

When it comes to recycling t-shirts, I AM THE QUEEN. No kidding. I love it, love it, love it. I make skirts, dresses, porch curtains, bathroom shower curtains, bed covers, etc. YOU NAME IT and I've probably made it out of an old t-shirt. Sometimes, the most simple ideas are the best... Like, for example -- cutting a spiral circle out of a square...

On this day, I had some help from Elizabeth. Carrie's daughter has a crafty streak...
I just cut some squares out of old t-shirts (picking my favoirte colors, of course.)
On Day One of Sew Expo, I put five of them together to make this most perfect t-shirt scarf...(here with one of my favorite Puyallup CTA's -- Cathy Swenson)...
I LOVE this scarf idea. And I meant to give it to somebody before I left town. I swear, Marilyn, if I'd thought of it, I would have left it as a souvenir!! (I always call Marilyn's Mom "Mom" -- I am TERRIBLE with names...)

Tomorrow -- I'm going to show you some of the fun I've had making little kid robes...

No comments:

Post a Comment