Thursday, May 24, 2012

Yes -- A Ferry Ride!

I AM SO EXCITED...this is the view from the park at Fort Defiance.

I got there early -- and didn't want to look 'LIKE A TOURIST"..So I was trying to carefully watch what the other people were doing -- and, of course -- I was reading all the signs. This one gave me a chuckle...

So -- if you're NOT a Washington State Employee -- you could be beaten to a pulp and no charges will be filed?  Or, for that matter -- has anybody was ever been  "prosecuted to a lesser extent of the law"??  I'm just sayin'....

You can already see that I AM HAVING A WONDERFUL TIME, EH??  I parked my car and took a walk down along the pier.  Remember -- I LIVE IN IOWA.  These water views are a spectacular treat for me...
 
As the ferry approaches -- I am nervous about actually driving my little rental car on board...
But, of course, I needn't have worried.  These people are trained professionals -- and they load cars on the ferries as quickly and easily as I'd shuck a bushel of sweet corn...
Although I've been on several car ferries before -- I always had a Canadian friend in charge! So I am feeling very independent and quite brave at this moment. And I am anxious to run up the stairs so I can see the view. I AM SOO EXCITED...

No comments:

Post a Comment