Wednesday, May 2, 2012

To The Moon and Back...

It has become clear to me that I don't have enough time or energy to completely change Lillian's bedroom every time she gets "into" something new. Her fascination with Curious George, sock monkeys, dinosaurs and now all-things-Princess has made me think I should pitch a "child's-room-speed-decorating-show" to HGTV...

So -- I was looking for something that might have a longer shelf life...a theme that could grow with the little girl... When it hit me. The first word Lillian ever said, while pointing up at a bright night sky, was "moon".

And when I tuck her in at night -- I always say, "I love you to the moon and back"...

So -- with a box of paints, a moon wall light and a valance from the Goodwill store -- I called my resident artist.  Cousin Linda...

To go under the valance -- I had a curtain which was mostly long plastic strings. We needed to add some lime green and yellow -- so -- of course -- I CUT UP OLD T-SHIRTS...

Then Linda and I just tied the new t-shirt strips in between the pink and purple... it was a great activity to do out on the porch.  This is usually where we do our best work...

Once we had the new window treatment -- Linda was ready to move on to the BIG MOMENT...

Oh, yes, she is so clever. Instead of painting the words, "I love you to the moon and back" -- she will, OF COURSE -- use the moon lamp instead. BRILLIANT...

I took this picture at night -- using the moon light as a night light. Lillian was THRILLED...
Great job, Linda. YOU ROCK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment