Wednesday, May 30, 2012

All Work and No Play??

One of my core values is that a girl can't be all work and no play. (an vice versa, of course!) So -- even though I was in Seattle for the 2013 Sew Expo planning meeting -- I was careful to schedule in some FUN STUFF every single day.

It is always a joy for me to spend time with Pat Leslie. Joanne Ross worked with Pat in the Extension office for many years. Joanne's thing was textiles -- and Pat's gig was always about the FOOD... AND IT STILL IS. Here we are, AFTER a large dinner party at a local Vietnamese restaurant -- enjoying our dessert...
A couple of months ago, Pat decided she'd enjoy trying out different restaurants around Olympia -- but it's not much fun to eat out alone. She mentioned it to a few friends -- and before you know it -- THIS HAPPENED...some couples, some singles, some old, some young...WE ROCKED!!
Earlier that day, Pat and Dana and I had a wonderful seafood lunch -- AND we did some shopping at the Street Fair/Outdoor market. Believe it or not -- we found these trendy 'Fascinators"...and I am still wearing mine, back in Iowa. How about you, Dana?? WE LOOK FABULOUS...
Of course, the star of the night was THE FOOD. Oh My God. That whole day was full of delicious seafood.  Maybe the best actual "seafood day" I've ever had.  Dungenous crab toast?? Tuna?? AND THEN -- THIS JUMBO SHRIMP...
Our celebrity chef came out to say hello.  Nim??  What was the name of the restaurant, Pat?  People will be asking me for a link -- and I want them to see the menu. THE FOOD WAS AWESOME...
Hey -- in looking back at my pictures from that night -- I loved the murals in this town -- COULD THIS BE A CLUE??
Where was I? And what was the name of the restaurant and the talented chef??  Thanks for including me, Pat.  Your friends are SO INTERESTING...And I knew I wasn't in Iowa when one guy (Gary?) started a sentence with, "after our house washed away in the mudslide"...

Oh, yeah.  I LOVE MY LIFE.  And I have a whole new thing to be grateful for. 

Because Iowa doesn't have any hills to speak of -- nobody has ever lost their house to a mudslide.

Yahoo...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment