Friday, May 11, 2012

Sewing, Cedar Rapids and Kids

I spent a terrifying coupla days -- because Blogger sent me a snarky note saying I had to update to a new gmail account -- or this "legacy blog" would be lost to me.  WHAT??

Fortunately, I was saved by my very capable niece Kelcy --

BUT -- during the dark time -- I tried to go back to see if I could "cut & paste" some of my favorite posts...

Which was really not going to be possible...

But, because I will be traveling a lot this month -- I decided to post some "reruns"...

AND, if things go right -- there will be something new (or recycled) posted every day...

I wrote this one last summer -- after spending a day with my young friend Anne in Cedar Rapids. WE ARE LONG OVERDUE, BABE!!  On this day -- we were going to Pine Needles to meet Mr. Bernina...

She recently sent this email note:

It's fair time and we're getting our reports ready. As I was cutting and pasting pictures I had a happy feeling that I wanted to share. What could be better than kids sewing? At one of our spring 4-H meetings our kids made travel pillows. They had practice cutting with a pattern, sewing around curves, clipping seams, recognizing right and wrong sides, stuffing, hand stitching, and the joy of a finished project. These girls are only 7 and 8 and they already have a very exclusive skill.

Again -- thanks for sharing, Anne!! Your kids are very lucky, indeed...!!

And there is NOTHING better than kids sewing!!
I see BLUE RIBBONS all over the place...

I love spending today with you and the kids, Anne. 

There is NOTHING like a relaxing day spent with girlfriends...AND some sewing inspiration..!!

No comments:

Post a Comment