Saturday, January 29, 2011

Lillian's name for me...rhymes with??

Oh, yeah, I'm loving the Grandma thing. Every time I see Lilly, I'm pointing to myself, saying, "Grandma Rita"....say "G-r-a-n-d-m-a"...hoping she will finally speak that magical word...

But Lillian's vocabulary consists of -- "Mommy", "Daddy", and "Sophie".


Recently -- we had Lilly for FOUR WHOLE days and nights.

And for the first time, Lilly gave me a "name". On Day Two of her visit -- John said, "did you hear that? She was trying to get your attention, she said, 'MaMu." She said it twice. He was so delighted.

I said, "what did she call me?" He replied, "MaMu. That's how she says Grandma......MaMu. It rhymes with Shamu."...

I looked at him -- then at Lilly -- and said, "apparently, Grandpa has given up on the idea of ever having sex with Grandma again..."

Without skipping a beat -- Also looking right at Lilly, John said, "Grandma is mistaken. Because Shamu is a sleek, very beautiful killer whale -- considered by many to be the thinnest, most desirable mammal in the ocean..."

Nice try, buddy..

But I just can't get the Shamu reference out of my head...

And this name thing is important....so I'm gonna hold out for "Grandma Rita"...

1 comment:

  1. Oh Rita! I'm laughing out loud here in Milwaukee...

    I have a three year old granddaughter who decided early on that she was going to call my husband Beepa, which she did until she was two and a half. Don't ask me why, but I was Punkin for a while. Then for a while she called us BOTH Gramma.

    My oldest granddaughter just calls me "G".

    Whatever they call you, you're gonna love it.

    ReplyDelete