Saturday, January 15, 2011

Chrismakwanzukkah party

One of my briefest happy moments over Christmas was a visit from my friend, Jeff Lassiter.

To review -- Jeff is an artist who used to live in Chicago, then moved to New Jersey. Last spring, when Ann Sagawa and I went to New York City with our friend Ryliss Bod -- we spent a great day with Jeff. I will ALWAYS remember the day we had lunch at Serendipity -- with the frozen hot chocolate!!

I realized I needed to buy SOMETHING FROM MOOD FABRICS...for the upcoming Sewing & Stitchery Expo....and I asked Jeff to stop in there the next time he was in the neighborhood...

Here's my favorite picture from my visit last spring -- the Hey Rita totebag with the Mood dog. Does anybody remember his name??

So, Jeff went shopping for me....I'm pretty sure this is his usual attire...


AND I am especially grateful, because it is such a busy time of the year. Jeff had a lot to do...prepare for his quick, 48 hour visit back to Iowa, do the final planning for his own holiday party in the New York metro area...

Jeff is a one-of-a-kind individual. His sarcastic point of view about people and life -- his artistic attitude and incredible succinct way with words always makes me think.

Who else would host a "Chrismakwanzukkah" party?

Really. That's just so good, I'm gonna steal it....I love it...

THANKS FOR DOING MY SHOPPING, BUD...

No comments:

Post a Comment