Thursday, January 20, 2011

Circles in Mt. Vernon

Today is January 11, 2011. In numbers, that's 1.11.11 I have no idea why I'm telling you this....

I love the way life moves in circles....how one thing leads to another and you never know when it might happen. Take Mary's recent visit to Sue Penn at Fine Lines fabric in Mt. Vernon....
Of course, my major purpose that day was to EAT A PORK TENDERLOIN...as it turns out, we were right across the street from the "Lincoln Diner" -- which is so famous, it's been on Oprah! But, they are closed on Monday -- so we went to the REAL Mt. Vernon restaurant next door, "Chameleon's Pub and Grub"...we were lucky to get a table...kinda cozy, eh?

I wanted to take Sue's picture as she was locking her office door -- do you see the magazine she's holding?

That's right -- our friend Mark Lipinski's latest magazine -- Fabric Trends!! --which I haven't been able to get where I live...

I've heard WONDERFUL THINGS ABOUT IT...but since I still haven't got a copy of my own -- I can't tell you much. I can only attest to the TENDERLOIN -- which was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

Again -- put Mt. Vernon on your list of places to go if you ever get to Iowa. They have two outstanding restaurants in the same block...I could not have been happier.

And by now, you know I consider myself an EXPERT in all-thing-pork-tenderloin.

Thanks for a wonderful lunch, Sue! I'll be back!!

P.S. the other night, I had a dream and Mark was in the bar with us, using his I-phone to send video to Facebook. The next day, people were driving 500 miles to get to the Chameleon Pub & Grub...

No comments:

Post a Comment