Wednesday, December 30, 2020

The Ronda/Dean Update!

Dean had a pretty good first night...except his brace got all twisted. Nicole came over to help Ronda get it straightened out...Nicole was standing at her Dad's bed...Ronda was in the kitchen...

THERE WAS A BIG CRASH...

Yep. Ronda passed out in the kitchen....fell down and hit her head...

Nicole took her blood pressure (their house is better equipped than many third world hospitals)...it was very high. She called 911...and they took Ronda to the Emergency Room.

They did some scans and checked her over...then sent her home.

 OY VEY...!! 

When I reported this development to my boys, Ross said..."I want all you old people to sit in a chair until further notice..."

LIKE WE COULD POSSIBLY SIT ANY MORE THAN WE ALREADY DO..!!

***********

John's friend Don picked him up this morning and they went out for breakfast and a drive around the countryside. I made a pot of chili on my brand new stove...and called Mary for a long overdue catch-up visit. I don't know who enjoyed the morning more -- me or John.  

The snow started after lunch...so far, we have about 6 inches on the ground...followed by sleet.  Ronda was lucky to get home before the roads got really bad. (they were terrible by nightfall).

I'm glad we don't have anywhere to go today. I told Cal not to worry about digging us out.

I put together a loaf of the Mark Bittman no-knead Italian bread -- and I'll bake it tomorrow.

https://www.markbittman.com/recipes-1/no-knead-bread

John used to love baking this dutch oven bread -- but he lost interest. And I miss that...John being interested in things, I mean. But the really odd thing -- it still surprises me every day -- is that John doesn't miss any of it.


John, two years ago...he LOVED baking that bread...

1 comment:

  1. Man! I second Ross' comment!
    My blood pressure and heart rate soared unexpectedly last year. ER couldn't find anything wrong and sent me home too. Went to my PC the next day. The young NP in residency decided to test me for mono. Bingo! Who would of thought that a middle-aged women would get a teenager illness.

    ReplyDelete