Friday, December 18, 2020

THANK YOU

I am better. Really. I've received so much support and love from my family and friends -- including many of you....instead of feeling hopeless or depressed -- I feel uplifted. And determined.

Two years ago, a friend of mine, who was dealing with her husband's dementia -- told me she was put on this earth to take care of this man. She was so serene -- and SINCERE --  I was awed that she could have such peace about their situation.

Anyway -- after John's escapade to Jasper County Iowa -- we had a quiet week here on the ranch. With a LOT of changes.

And, then, too -- IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS. So I decided to focus on what that looks like this year.

For starters -- we need to put up the tree. I got the kids from school on Monday and they spent two hours bringing up the tree and the decorations...some Christmas music boxes I have...and we got out our plastic Christmas dinnerware and a snowman tablecloth. By the time Elliott and Emily got here for supper -- Lilly and Warren had the house COMPLETELY DECKED OUT. And it was heartening for me to see that those kids knew EXACTLY where every single thing should go. I have a large Frosty who sings his song when you push a button -- and he (apparently) sits in the same spot, year after year.








2 comments: