Thursday, December 24, 2020

It ''Twas The Day Before Christmas Eve...

So -- hey -- it's been a roller coaster of a week, people. I'm not going to review all the things that went wrong in the last seven days.... Mostly because there's no way to do that and not sound like A TOTAL WHINER.

Each day brings a new gaggle of problems...and, as so many of you have advised me -- I'm taking this thing one day at a time. And every day, I FOCUS ON THE GOOD.

But Christmas 2020 is gonna be different. For me -- for you -- because of Covid -- it will be different for everybody in the world. Which makes me feel better. Kinda. I guess it's that old "Misery loves company" cliche.

And I'm okay with different...but, because I believe this may be our last Christmas in this house -- I want it to be special.

Lilly has written a Murder Mystery Dinner for our Christmas Eve party. She gave the seven of us bios, and created actual costumes....it is quite elaborate...with clues and red herrings...

I bought a giant, beautiful ham. I'll make cheesy hashbrown potatoes, bake a shoofly pie. My brother Calvin and his wife Jeanne won't be joining us for the meal, but Jeanne and I will tag team the food. She's making her famous green salad (pistachio pudding and cream cheese -- it's the reason Iowa is full of fat people)...and some delicious rolls.

On Tuesday, I had a Lilly day. We went thrift store shopping for the costumes, and she write the bios.

Wednesday, I had a Warren day. He shopped and then WRAPPED his gifts. That kid LOVES a roll of scotch tape.

So, okay. Christmas 2020 is gonna be as good as it can be

AND THEN THIS HAPPENED...

I turned the oven on to make Warren's lunch...my oven was dead.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? Of all days...today...December 23....and I've got no oven??!!

It still looks brand new!

 

To add insult to injury -- I RECENTLY CLEANED THE DAMN THING!!
Which,come to think of it -- is probably what killed the oven. It went into shock...

No comments:

Post a Comment