Friday, December 11, 2020

My Blogging Break...

I know this blogging break has become ridiculous. Yes, originally, it was because I had Covid...but the happy truth is, I came through that pretty quickly...and I was out of quarantine the day before Thanksgiving.

OF COURSE getting the 'Rona sucks. I was sick for about a week. But, really -- the worst part is you feel like a leper. NOBODY WANTS anything to do with you if you have the VIRUS...so John and I ended up eating turkey dinners from Kwik-Star. Yes...pitiful...

But I'm over all that. I am one of the lucky ones, because I didn't have any lingering bad effects. Although, I did lose 9 pounds after my bout with the virus...I've been doing so much emotional eating -- I've already gained 11 pounds...

SO WHAT'S THE EMOTIONAL EATING ABOUT?

John's dementia is back -- he probably has Alzheimer's. Accepting THIS particular "New Normal" has been kind of a nightmare.

Alzheimer's is one of those moments...you know the ones I'm talking about. Your life BEFORE and your life AFTER.

After being married for 50 years -- John thinks I'm trying to steal his money. This is an issue he's obsessed with every single day....and then, I cry myself to sleep every single night...

Many other things get tangled in his brain, too. One day, he found an old love letter IN HIS OWN HANDWRITING (from 1994) -- and he was furious because he believed it was from my lover. Or -- on another day -- he accuses me of having a lesbian affair.

Obviously, John driving his truck has been an issue. But, the State of Iowa renewed his driver's license in August...and he was sooo proud of that. It was like THEY knew more than I did. Ugh. We argued about it all the time...

I told myself he only drove during the day, and he only went two places...the Corner Market (five miles East)...or his friend Gerald's house (five miles west).

But, that was just me kidding myself...

I promise to tell you the REST of the story....just not right now. It took me three days to write this much...I've gotta go find some glazed doughnuts...

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Rita, I am so sorry. I can't even begin to fathom what you are going through. Hugs for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear this news, and can't even imagine the pain you're experiencing - Please know that you're in my thoughts & prayers, sending light & love to you always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sweet Rita, this is heart breaking news. Happy the Rona is gone. Sad news about John. Aging SUCKS. Sending hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you and John.🍃 I'm glad you are feeling healthier. You both are in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us all posted. Much love. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Dear Rita, You're really going through a lot right now. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete