Saturday, September 23, 2017

My New Carry-On

Next week, TMBC is taking their SHOW ON THE ROAD!!Four of us are getting on a bus (at 5:00 AM) to head down to Hamilton, Missouri.
Sandy, me, Linda K and Linda P...OFF WE GO!!
That's right -- WE'RE GOING TO MISSOURI STAR QUILT COMPANY!!

For this special occasion -- I'm decorating a new carry-on suitcase.
Of course, it starts with my personal color palette.  Yellow, pink, orange and teal...
I mod-podged the areas I intended to paint.  Then, I gave everything a base coat of WHITE.
It took two coats of white paint to cover.  Then, I made some lines with a Sharpie.
And I started to add what I thought looked like quilt designs (Yes, my name is Rita Farro and I AM NOT A QUILTER.)
I have boxes and buckets full of paint, brushes, marking pens...
But some are not as vibrant as I'd like...so I need to go over them one more time...
The next time you see this bag, it'll be getting on a bus.

Jenny Doan -- HERE WE COME!!
P.S.  You won't recognize me -- I've lost 70 pounds since last summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment